What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

lundi 3 août 2009

Love is hard...


Hi Reader !!

Here's a new top 5 ! A new Top 5 inspired from my sister F's Blog a few weeks back. The Top 5 Things I love even though I'm terribly ashamed to admit it. It's such a brilliant top 5 idea. And yes, there are things that I am STILL ashamed to admit, even though I already told you so many shameful stuff. Let it be known that I still hesistate here, line 5 of this post. Maybe I'll just give up and not publish this message. But let us be brave and write on. Nobody reads this anyway. And those who actually do probably know I have to be ashamed of a lot of stuff. Bollywood, musicals, my multiple crushes on nine tenth of hollywood actors (notwithstanding Orlando Bloom), my hopeless love of Dr Who... Aaaaah, so many things I should be ashamed of, and stand up for, against all odds... (whatever...)

Well, enough procrastination, here comes the actual top 5.

1. Rrrrrrrrrghhhhhhaaaaaaaacan't say it ! Can't say it !! Thhhhhhe Twiiiilight-----(Ok, ok, no one knows my actual name. No one is interested anyway. Go on ! Go on ! Breathe ! It's easier if you say it fast...) Hhhhhh... hhhhhh.... THE TWILIGHT SAGA. Feels better now it's out.

Yes. The Twilight saga. I read the four books in two weeks, stayed up all night to know the ending, and found it great. I liked it, I liked it, and I firmly intend to go ahead a read them again some time soon. Also I went to the cinema, and saw the movie, and will go ahead and pay for my ticket to watch the second one, might even watch it twice and pay both times. And even though I laughed at the sutpid joke that goes "what do you get when you cross a disco ball with a douchebag" and the answer was Edward Cullen (yeah, cause in Twilight, vampires glitter. I also laughed when I found out...) I still must admit it. I liked the books very much.

2. English-old-lady style dresses. Put a dress with tiny pink flowers on it in any clothes shop, you can be sure that I will take a fancy to it. If given the choice, I would probably look like an English Gran all the time. Probably comes from all those Jane Austen books I read. By the way, have you seen "The Young Victoria" ? If you have not, you should, it was pretty good, and they had great dresses. It made me giggly (especially Sir John. Go, see The Young Victoria, and giggle at Sir John for me. His life is crap, he hates everyone, and he kicks the furniture around. I thought he was swell). I would like to see it again, actually. And Paul Bettany's in it. What a great, great link to point 3...


3. Well, I must admit, my kind of man. Tall, blond, blue-eyed. This is, I must say, quite shameful. And very unoriginal. But well. Here it is.

4. My willingness to see anything that's a musical. Even if it's French. Even if it's Le Roi Soleil and I bought the CD. Oh, no, no, no, this is never going to be published on my blog for all to read. Le Roi Soleil, yes, I must admit. This is sooo less cool than secretly being a gothic punk fan and listening to Hard Kaur, F, if you hear me... But well, I liked it. I still kind of do ("Je fais de twaaah mon essentieeeellle..."). Still recovering.

5. Oh so many songs and groups and music styles that I KNOW are not particularly clever but still love to listen to, very loudly, in my MP3 player while I brush my teeth. Rihanna, Britney Spears, the Sugababes (oh my...), and the Spice Girls, and also, even, too, Billy Crawford). There. I said it. I wrote "I love to listen to Billy Crawford" on my blog.

Help me ! Tell me what you love and are ashamed of before I wilt and die !! Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi. You are my only hope.

8 commentaires:

Fran a dit…

Nyahahahahahaha !!! Tu l'as fait ! Et tu as écrit "Billy Crawford" sur ton blog !! C'est magnifique et génial.

Sinon, les robes anglaises, tu veux que je te dise d'où ça vient ? Des Suzuki. La ptite robe qu'ils t'avaient offerte, remember ?

Claire a dit…

Méoué, carrément ! Carrément c'est la roooobe !! la robe verte avec les mini fleurs !! C'est exactement elle !!

Marion (qui souffre) a dit…

Bon. Je ne veux pas que tu wiltordie, alors:

-les blogs. Parce qu'un peu ça va, mais là, je pense que mon addiction est hors de contrôle.
-Jean-Jacques Goldman. C'est pas-ma-faute si je suis née en 1978!!!
-Les raviolis en boîte. Tout le monde se moque de moi à la pause déjeuner du bureau, mais j'm'en fous!! je n'y renoncerai pour rien au monde!!
-Regarder les filles et leurs... proportions... dans la rue. Au point que mon mari proteste.
-Veronica Mars. Adressez-vous à Sei Shonagon pour les détails.

Claire a dit…

:D ca me plaît !! On aurait du faire un top 10 :D

Mr. Rush a dit…

"Blond, blue-eyed?" Wow!

Claire a dit…

Well, yeah. But then again, I also like brown hair, green eyes, green hair and brown eyes, you know. I'm not like that. XD

Anonyme a dit…

Huhuhu c'est un de tes cousins qu'il te dit qu'il a aussi du Spice Girls dans son MP3, malgré ses 23 ans et il compte bien continuer 'ecouter les spice girls jusqu'a sa fin de vie :)

Claire a dit…

Hé hé hé... Moi j'dis, y'a pas de quoi avoir honte. Ou plutôt si, mais en même temps, au moins, on aura profité de la vie :D

Merci d'être passé !