What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

lundi 30 juillet 2007

You'll never shine if you don't glow

Yeah, don't you like that sentence?? Mid-way between an add for 'Head and Shoulders' and a chinese proverb... I like it anyway... Thank you, Smash Mouth!

Today, I wanted to tell you why and how I intend to become a superstar. No, not just a star, a superstar. The Bloody Blunders and myself will have an amazing and unforgettable carreer in the singing industry. The music industry actually, I don't think there is such a thing as a singing industry...

Like a brilliant mind of our times once said (Mr. F. N.), being a singer allows you to have a captive audience, and you can tell them all you want. If they paid their ticket, it means they like you, and are likely to listen to what you say, so becoming a superstar is my first step towards ruling the world. Beware, Bono, here I come!! Soon we'll rule the planet with Bob Geldoff and be nicknamed "the welfare company of the knightly angels". How about that??

Money, fun, and the love of millions of fans come next on the list. Oh, and a free mobile, and above all else, meeting other superstars in parties where you can only drink champagne. If he was very very drunk, I think I might have a chance of winning the heart of Paul Bettany. I guess I do look like a 1m55 tall green-eyed black-haired beauty, provided you have drunk enough Veuve Cliquot!

Now as to the process of achieving superstardom, I found this morning the song that will make me famous. It would have to be a remix, because people like to hear things they already know. It would be the "Do you love me" song from "Dirty Dancing" (no, reader, I am not ashamed...). You know, "you broke my heart, 'cause I couldn't dance, you didn't even want me around, but now I'm back, to let you know, I can really shake'em down..." and stuff.

I made a little marketing study in my head on my way to the metro this morning, and it's got only good sides!! It's got a little 70's touch, which is good, because the 70's are in this summer. (well, I don't actually know, but I'm sure they will be once my song is out). It's telling the listener what to do (I can mash potatoes -I can mash potatoes- I can do the twist -I can do the twist...), same as other immortal hits like "Mambo Number Five", "Macarena" or "With or Without you". Wait no. Not "With or Without You". And it's nice and dancy. I think I want to start my new superstar's career with a happy song. So that people think my CD is happy and makes you feel good and all, and then they buy it, and then I can plague them with sad sad songs.

Well, reader, I think it's time for me to go and get started. I need to find a producer, buy the licence to the song, maybe meet Partick Backside Swayze and check if he would be up for a duet... Or not... Anyway, so much to do and so little time!!

Have a nice day!

2 commentaires:

Fran a dit…

Who are you and what have you done to my sister?

Claire a dit…

Ha hahahahahaha... C'est le matin, c'est la route du métro, il faut être indulgent... :D