What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

mardi 5 février 2008

Not scared, terrified...

Hey reader...

Well, today, I sent the result of a really big German translation to be read and proof read. I'm very very stressed about the whole thing, so I thought I was going to try and concentrate on something else, which is the reason why I am writing this post. Please don't laugh. Indeed, today, I am going to try writing something about the Kusturica movie I saw last night, even though I can't even spell his name properly.

Yes, reader, I watched Arizona Dream yesterday. Yes, reader, i only watched it because Johnny Depp's in it. I know, that's not particularly clever, I should have been to the cinema to watch Kusturica movies every week since I turned 16. But, well, "kya tumhari chacha-chachi mere chacha chachi nahi", as they say in Hindi. (It's got nothing to do with anything, but I thought dropping nice little sayings in weird languages in the middle of my post might make it look more clever)
I did not really like that movie. It was a really really good movie, and some moments were actually brilliant. But not the whole lot of it. I think he's a little too crazy for me, that Kusturica guy. I loved the calmer moments, the characters, the poetic side to the movie, the actors were all brilliant, and of course, that famous song on the soundtrack was great... But all those crazy scenes with the young girl trying to hang herself with her stockings? I don't know, it kind of kept me from really getting into the whole story.

Well, basically, that's all I had to say about Arizona Dream. And yes, this post was only written to tell you that sometimes watch something else than musicals and silly Bollywood movies. But only if Johnny Depp's in it. Lätt som i plätt, as they say in Swedish. Tough it doesn't, it might very well mean I'm really sorry. Now I'm still worried, and also I'm ashamed of my poor tastes in cinema. I wish you a very nice evening, though. Watch something clever for me!

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Issun saki wa yami!

(J'aide ta cause...)

Claire a dit…

^_^ merci beaucoup, je suis très touchée!!