What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

dimanche 17 juin 2007

I'm so tired...


Pfff reader... I'm exhausted and in a terrible mood, so I thought, "go on, Claire, write a post about what you've done today, maybe it'll make you feel better". So let's see... Today, I read some more English texts for my cultural studies course. Why do they get me so annoyed, it is a mystery, blacker than the blackest black. I'm not even American what do I care???


I don't know, but they drive me craaaazy. Maybe it's just because I have to read them, and summarize them, and I feel trapped. I'm trapped reader! Somebody get me out of here! Well, I'm being a little unfair, there, I'm actually kind of enjoying my read, because it's very interesting, though mightily annoying. The first text was about a guy who was writing about a guy who was making photographs of nude black men. Big deal. The text was actually more about learning how to see through the pictures and into what people really want to see, which is interesting. And I guess that's what the teacher is trying to get us to do, see through the text, and get the writer's point, and maybe forge our own opinion.


Well, frankly, I'd rather be seeing through some more episodes of Will & Grace. But I can't. Anyway. I also read a second text about the American society and political system written by a Marxist, Michael Parenti, who is a little crazy, in my personal and humble opinion. But once again, it's very interesting, provides quite a lot of interesting statistics, and gives the reader a point of view which he or she (see!! Judith Butler, I learnt my lesson!!! I'm joining the moooovement!!! I'll go burn down my bra in a second, just give me time to finish my post...) doesn't encounter that often. However, he, too, gets on my nerves. It's just that I have a problem with passionate people in such texts. I think passion is something that should be allowed when talking or when writing a novel, but not in scientific texts. When writing a scientific text, you should think with your head and not your heart. That's my highly scientific point of view. After all, I know what I'm talking about, I'm a very famous scientist, as you well know. I actually invented science, so to speak.


Anyway. What can I say, reader, I'm not going to tell you anymore about the imagery of Black's buttocks in white males' fantasies, because I'm not going to, and it's 1 a.m. and I think that might well be the lamest post I've ever written, so what can I do!? I guess I'll just say good bye, and go get some sleep. Tomorrow's a big day!! Two more feminists are already awaiting their summarizing!!

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Ha hahaha, moi je trouve que c'est pas la plus lame.

Sinon, ce matin j'ai fait tout un truc avec de l'essuie-tout pour retirer le calcaire de ma cruche, sous le regard éberlué des 100 pages de mon cours de structures socio économiques des médias que je dois apprendre pour jeudi. La création de ton club, c'est toujours dans les plans?

Claire a dit…

Plus que jamais :(

Pfff, c'est vraiment la déprime, ici... Mais bon, hein, c'est bientôt fini, et après, je rentre à Colmar! Youhou!! Party up!!!

Bref, Merci pour le commentaire, et je t'envoie ta carte de membre dès que possible. :)

Anonyme a dit…

Moi je lis le manga "Princess Princess" en ignorant royalement ma to-do list, qui compte pourtant une bonne dizaine de tâches, dont 4 à faire avant midi.

Sachant que non seulement je perds du temps -- mais que je le perds à faire un truc que je n'aime même pas faire... est-ce que je peux faire partie du club moi z'aussi ?

Claire a dit…

Oui!! Oui oui!! Ca fait partie des conditions, le fait qu'on fait des trucs qu'on aime même pas faire. Le but du club étant d'analyser pourquoi, justement, on fait des trucs qu'on aime pas faire au lieu de faire ce qu'on doit faire, qui n'est pas forcément aussi pire que ce qu'on fait à la place. Ouh, tout ça est très très clair... Encore un mystère du cerveau humain... :)