What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

lundi 24 décembre 2007

And a partridge in a pear tree...


Christmas carol time, reader!!


Colmar is so pretty right now, all the trees are frosted, I wouldn't go out for the world and I curse myself for choosing such a ridiculour christmas outfit (No sleeves. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING YESTERDAY'S CLAIRE??? Why did you resent today's Claire so much that you wanted her to catch pneumonia???) But well, you know, it's christmas time, so even if my feet are going to turn blue, even if my fingers fall off, it wont be sufficient to ruin my mood.


It must be the sugar I guess, from all the bredalas my mother baked... I don't know if you know what a bredala is, reader, it's the name of the little cookies we eat at christmas in Alsace. Well, some people bake them, and the blessed rest eat them. While the others keep baking in order to keep the stock high enough to feed the whole Russian army, in case it comes on foot all the way from Russia just to come and say hi to my grand-mother in Oberentzen.

Anyway. The purpose of this post is not to talk about Christmas in Alsace, the purpose of this post was to get you singing "and a paaartriiiiige in a pear treeeeeee" at the top of your voice (the only real way to celebrate Christmas...) and to wish you a very merry christmas time!! I hope you'll have a really nice evening and all the presents you have wished for, and send you lots and lots of love from Colmar!!
PS: Here's a special mention for my sister Marion, who'll come later this year, from Belgium, and for her boyfriend V, who's going to have a lonely 25th December (If I understood everything properly...) I just wanted to tell you that we'll keep smoked salmon and a little foie gras for you guys!!! Can't wait till you're here!

Aucun commentaire: