What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

lundi 16 juin 2008

Waiting for my rocket to come...

Hey reader! I'm stressed out! I'm stressed out! I wish I were another person altogether!

Tomorrow's my big interview to know if I'll be going to interpreting school year 2 next year. I don't like big issues like that, and I do hope things are going to be OK. I am all cranked up as far as motivation's concerned, but I hope the tests are going to go OK as well! African rivers, here I come, I'm going to spend some time on Wikipedia now... yeah, I figure I'd better make some change into this evening, which is getting a little depressing...
I ate three dinners alone in my room (yeah, somehow, my brain's on vacations tonight, I guess it must be collecting some extra energy for tomorrow), one of which included raw carrots (yeah I know I shouldn't complain, I'm just plain silly...). Now I'm pukey and I sneeze and I look like one sick rabbit. But well, it's going to be much better by tomorrow. I might even decide to go jogging right now, in order to spill all that extra brainless energy, and since I already look like crap, I guess being also red in the face and sweaty wouldn't hurt much. Oooh, this post must be the most terribly self-pitying I ever wrote! Sorry, reader!

What I really wanted to do, though, was answer a mail-thing my sister Marion sent me (well, not quite, but I don't have time to explain, if you want to know where it comes from and know how to speak French, click here.

Here's what's in my book, page 123, 5th sentences. Hope you like it. The book's name is "The Metaphysical Touch", by Sylvia Brownrigg. It's real good, and just like the idea behind the good part of this post, comes from my sister Marion.

"Your mother has told you all this to lead up to her point, which is that your father, bless him in spite of his absence, would in no way approve of what you're doing now. Thinking about ending it -Why, that's ridiculous! He would never stand for it, not for a minute. And yes, your father had feet that moved too far and too fast, but that is no reason for you to allow yours to freeze into place now and give up. You think that's smart, to react against him by doing the obvious? You think suicide is such a new idea?"

Well, here you go. Sorry, reader, I think we got unlucky with both the book (tis good, but inappropriate...) and the passage... Now this post looks worse than ever.

Anyway. I'll be going now, I think it would be much better if I just focused on African rivers and the Time!!

Have a nice evening! Maybe I'll tell you how it went!! Wish me luck!

4 commentaires:

Änn a dit…

Aaaaw!
A JM reference without JM? :(
Anyhow, I wish you all the best luck for tomorrow!

Claire a dit…

Ha ha ha ^^ If anyone should spot it it was you!!

I SHALL write a post about JM, as soon as I have legally bought one of his CD, and that's going to be really soon. Hope I can find some cool videos on YouTube to post and make people listen!!

Thanks very much for commenting! Have fun in the everglades !)

Anonyme a dit…

Luck!! luck!! luck!!

Pf j'ai pas mon portable je peux pas t'appeler mais je pense à toi!! Et je t'appellerai plus tard, et j'espère que ça va aller pour toi!! Biiises!!

Claire a dit…

C très gentil ça ! Entre temps, je t'ai fait un résumé très détaillé, mais c'est gentil en tous cas. La bise à Jean Pierre Jouyet !