What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

mercredi 12 septembre 2007

Chan chanananan

Hi Reader!

After days of maniac saree testing and results ranging from catastrophic to pretty cool, I'm back to normal life. I've bought matching earrings which make me look like a christmas tree, but now, I say, it's time to stop being obsessive. It had been a long, long time since anything I bought had made me so happy. I have a cool petticoat as well, from F, and I just love having a petticoat!! I did not even know what the word meant until then! Such a cool word, isn't it reader? Petticoat? Very cute. I'm feeling like I did when I was a kid and did not want to let go of my christmas present and took them to bed with me so that I could look at them again as soon as I woke up. Anyway. Yeah. Let's not talk about sarees today, what do you say, Reader? Did I mention I loved my... OK. Ok. ok.

The problem is that apart from being a complete monomaniac, I lack inspiration. I don't have much to talk about today, since I don't have anything interesting to do. My internship is drawing to an end, and I'll be going back to the university pretty soon, but in the meantime, my boss is in Germany, and I don't have anything left to do. I try very hard to look busy, but I keep straying and going on this or that website, and I'm sure one of my colleagues will notice, and it's going to be a dreadful shame. So instead, from time to time, I stare blankly at leo.org and daydream about going to India and getting cast for a movie. Of course, I become a star, and everybody makes jokes about how tall I am, which gets me slightly annoyed, but helps me land a leading role as Abhishek Bachchan's bride. Then I remember my dance lessons in Austria, and my dance teacher, who said "of course not, Claire you dance very well *giggle*. There's just a little problem with your feet *giggle*. And your legs *giggle giggle* and your bust, and your arms **hysterical laughter**" and I get back to my translation.

Actually I do have some funky news to tell you, yesterday, for the first time in my life, I met someone whom I had first met on the Internet!! Isn't it amazing? Well, I met S, who's writing a blog about Bollywood (did I tell you I bought a s... crap. Can't say it. Can't say it.). She had written a particularly cool article, and her blog was nice and not "crazy fan"-like (meaning she did not post glittering pink hearts all over her webside, nor scream Shahhh ruuuuuukh and get trolled by horrible Salman Khan fans) so I left a com, and she answered, and we became kind of friends over the Internet, and since she is in Paris now, we got to meet! She's really nice, and so is her twin sister! Her blog is in my blog-roll by the way! If anyone is interested, go check it out!

Anyway. We went to some kind of Indian sweet-shop (sweet not sweat) and bought some barfi and other pastries with exotic and/or disgusting names (that with the Barfi is not a joke, by the way. It is a white sweet made with milk and sugar, and "barf" means snow. Stop laughing, reader, you are so narrow minded. Hindi is a beautiful language). Now I have half a ton of yucky indian pastries which I'll never eat, because they are very nice, but only in extremely small portions. Besides, if I eat too many of them, I won't fit in my s... jeans anymore.

Well, reader, it's the end of my lunch break, so I guess I'll just stop here and go do something useful instead of writing silliness on my poor blog... Have a nice day! Have a nice day!

2 commentaires:

Fran a dit…

Misère ! On n'a pas essayé la version "gracefully folded train of handsomeness and grace and holiness of beautiness" !!!!!

Claire a dit…

Misère! On a oublié! et maintenant il est tout farci dans ma valise, mon sari! Mais bon, je n'ai pas grand chose à faire, si tu veux, tu passes au bureau, il n'y a personne en salle de réunion XD... Tu ajoutes "perfection-ness", et trois plis par derrière suffisent à te transformer en Aishwarya... C'est pas d'un jean qu'on dirait ça :D