What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

mercredi 31 octobre 2007

Et j'ai crié, criéééééé Aline...

Today, reader, is the day of the angry post. I have, once more, wasted 2 hours of my life on a perfectly worthless movie, and been the victim of so-called mythical-ness.

Could somebody explain to me what's so wonderful about Stanley Kubric?? Because I really fail to see anything interesting at all in any of his movies. I watched The Shining yesterday, and I must say that I was very very disappointed. After Eyes Wide Shut, which gave me a headache, Barry Lyndon, during which I fell asleep, and that other movie with a flying bone in it, which made me very sleepy as well, I think I'm just going to give up on his movies!

What's so great about The Shining, honestly? OK, it's really terrifying at first, what with the little guy talking to his finger and things, and I must say that I was kind of tense. Very frightening. But it's only because of the scenario, the directing is really bad! I mean, first of all, the casting. The whole point of the story is that anybody can become a terrible serial killer. My point, why take Jack Nicholson, who looks like the worst psycho, and his strange looking wife? I would have taken a cute couple, nice and innocent looking. I don't know, say... Brad Pitt and... Nathalie Portman. Well, the Brad Pitt and Natalie Portman of the 1980's, I don't really know who that might have been, but you get the picture, don't you reader. Then it would have been freaky and unexpected!!


Besides, The Shining, what is the point of The Shining? The kid can read in thoughts, right, that's pretty cool, but why make this the title of the movie? I think it's weird!

Besides (again), and this will be my last word before leaving in a hurry because I'm supposed to be cooking right now, Why Oh Why that half an hour long scene at the end, with only three lines repeated over and over again? Well, let's say 4, if you take into account the kid's heavy breathing. That old Indian guy (is he black or Indian, by the way? I thought he was Indian because of the thing with the Indian cemetery under the hotel, but I'm not sure, so tell me if you know!) screaming "hello? anybody in there? -If you want to stick you axe in my heart, psycho-guy, I'm over heeeeeere!!!" for half an hour, why, oh Why? We get the picture with just once or twice, you know!! Why are you there at all, by the way, weird Indian guy? You come, give an ice cream to the cool kid and then you go, I don't really see why anyone took the trouble of including you in the scenario...

And then there are the crazed parents screaming "Daaaaaannnyyyyyy daaaaaaannny!!!" For heaven's sake, Danny, get axed, and let's get on with it! My ears were already bleeding from all the bleeping and hyper-high screeching of the music (By the way, why did those great great contemporary composers (Bartok, Ligeti and another one whose name I can't remember, but who's well know as well) want to hurt us so much??? What did I do wrong, mister Ligeti??

Anyway. As I said, I'm in a very hurried hurry, so I'll just go now! Have a nice day, and don't watch the Shining, because it sucks. Sorry Mr Kubric.

Have a nice day, reader! Don't watch The Shining!

Aucun commentaire: