What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

vendredi 26 octobre 2007

Hey ho, hey ho, it's off to work we go...

Actually, no, I'm going home!! It's the holidays!! Freedom, beauty truth and love! (Well, freedom, mostly, for the rest, we'll see later on...)

I'm really happy that this week has finally come to an end, because I am really tired, and a week of holidays is just what I need right now. I finished my presentations yesterday, no more feminism for Claire before quite a while, isn't that good news ? It went pretty well, except that I was a little panicky (I don't know why, I'm always pretty calm during presentations, but yesterday, I was all stressed out... I guess it had something to do with the audience, once again, I'd hate to look silly to all those cool people!!) But then again, the debating part went well, people were really nice and talkative, so I think, all in all, it went well. I don't really know why I'm telling you all this, reader, especially since I should be writing an ad for the translation group I'm in... I kind of lack inspiration, so I figured, "go to your blog, and tell your poor reader about your life, I'm sure it'll help you".

I just came out of a "work interview" by the way! Isn't it great? The university needs some people to do some tutoring for first year students, so I applied! I do hope it works!! Then I'll have cool stories to tell you about how I torture my students and things like that... Yaaaay!!! Can't wait! First goal: get them to call me "master". Second goal: try to get them to bring me cookies. Third goal: try to make them do my German homework. Fourth goal: try to make them stop calling me names...

Well, seriously, though, I do hope I get the job, because it would be so cool! I've got plenty of ideas about what I could do and things, and I'm sure it'd be great. I figured I could try to introduce blogging to French students, as a matter of fact! Would be a cool way to make them write things, and an easy way for me to have access to their work (and the contents of their weak minds ^_^) I could make them listen to music, and help them with their presentations, and make them do grammar exercises at home, and... yeah. I know, I don't have the job yet. But still, no harm in being enthusiastic, isn't it?

I guess I'll stop writing now, and maybe do something useful (dream on!)... or maybe I'll just go back to the over-heated language library and doze off, like I always do... hmmm... I'm so sleepy!! I have no classes this afternoon, but I'm staying at the university because there is a special dinner event tonight, and I've missed enough parties as it is, so I'm going to this one, even though it means getting bored for three hours! But the good thing is, then I can go shopping with my friends before dinner, and that sounds like a good plan... freedom, I said!

Have a nice day!!

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Do or do not... There is no try. ça m'a l'air d'une chouette, idée, est-ce que tu seras payée? Et quand est-ce que tu as les résultats?

Sinon, j'ai lu ce matin dans un livre policier: "yo ho ho and a bottle of Johnny Walker". Ha ha!

Claire a dit…

Oui, a priori, c payé, mais je ne sais pas du tout combien! Smic horaire, je pense! Ceci dit, même pas payé, je le ferais quand même, je pense...

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!! (mais pas de whisky, le whisky c pas bon!!! Du Rhum!!!

Bisoux!!
K