What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

lundi 22 octobre 2007

Ja dieses Schunkeln kann ich nicht ausstehn...

Hey reader!!

I have two hours to kill before I can go and eat with my friend V, and I'm already very hungry, so I thought I'd come here and write a post in order to make time go faster. I really don't like the university's computer rooms, reader, it's cold (because the window's open, not because of the inherent coldness of information technnologies or any such thing), and nobody speaks because they have been trained since birth by all librarians on the planet to NOT TALK when in a big room full of people. Most of the people I can see from here are actually doing the same thing as I am (i.e. checking their mail, checking up their favourite actor on the IMDb...), and I hardly see why we couldn't enjoy a little chat while we're here, but hell... We know what happens when you try to play this little game with the librarian, reader! Death awaits! Pain, first, then death. The Nazgûl librarian lurks behind his (its?) desk with his (its?) sharp teeth and beady eyes! Keep silent!
Anyway. I finished my "Referat" on thursday, and I was just soooo happy that it was over that I felt like singing a little song. I did not. But I felt like it. Besides, I was all stressed out, because there are really cool people in my group, who speak perfect German, and to whom I would really hate to appear stupid or dull, and they were not there! So it was OK, pressure off! And the teacher liked it, and so I'm pretty happy. Besides it's over! It's the over-ness I like best, I think.

While I'm talking about German presentations, I figured I could tell you about the Wise Guys, which I heard about during a German presentation. I don't know, some of you might know them, but it's all German-speaking, so you need to speak a little German if you want to be able to enjoy the music. Yeah, because they are musicians. Their "particularity" is that they only ever sing, they do not use any music instrument. I've never been a big fan of beat-boxes, I always figure it's kind of disgusting and can't help thinking about how much they must spit, but then again, with the Wise Guys, it's OK, it's not as bad as it could be. They have one particular song which made me laugh a lot, it's about people in Germany who can't help swaying from one side to the other as soon as some music's playing. The lyrics talk about sea-sickness and lemmings, and wonder why people don't just get up and dance, which I've always wondered myself. Granted, it's not overly clever, but still, it's funny. Well it makes me laugh. And for once, I actually listen to some music in GERMAN, which is something close to a miracle, so I thought I'd tell you about it! (I seem to have become too old for such phenomena as Tokyo Hotel, and "99 Luftballons" is cute, but it's just the one song. And the Fool's Garden only ever sing in English, which is not helping my German much...)

Anyway. I guess I'd better go now, I wanted to write a little add for the translation project I'm in this year (we need to find actual customers, so we need to advertise, of course), and if I don't get started now, I probably never will!!

Have a nice day reader!

Aucun commentaire: