What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

lundi 7 mai 2007

Son jour de gloire est arrivé...


Hey reader... Well well well... I had my first bollywood dancing lesson yesterday, my legs are sore, and I proved to the world that I was about as graceful as a leek... Depressing, but well, one can only improve through exercise, as they say. It was really embarrassing mimicking the gestures of these incredibly beautiful actresses, who are also perfect dancers...

Anyway, dancing lessons, however passionating, are not what I wanted to tell you about, because we had the French elections results yesterday evening, and I figured I should say a word about them... (not passionating either? Who's that in the background trying to discourage me from writing? You're out!)

Personally, I am not pleased with our new president, but then again, my personal favourite did not make it to the second round. Even though it is a French election, going on in french in France, I thought some aspects of our campaign could belong on this blog.

Fist of all, in his first discourse as freshly elected president of France, M. Sarkozy said that he would try to restore our friendship with America. I think he admires the American political system very much, somehow, and I don't quite understand how we did not really talk about that during the campaign. I haven't seen that many elections so far (I'm a young, innocent person) but still, it amazed me how he made huge meetings in big stadiums, and invited famous people over to praise him and say how great he was, and most important of all, what really worries me most, is the fact that he started using quite a lot of religious vocabulary and metaphores. He talked about Jesus, Mother Theresa, Joan of Arch, and I find it quite shocking that he should have done so. Especially in today's France, where the situation is pretty tense between people of different religions.

It seems to have worked, however, just as it has worked in America before, but I can't quite explain how it could have worked in France, because we are, generally, so stupidly anti-American! For once, constructive criticism could have been useful, and we just didn't notice! I can't believe my eyes. I just hope that our new candidate will not keep up with the religious references, and I also hope that we won't have riots or a big crisis following his elections or the decisions he takes. After all, he's been elected democratically!

Anyway, reader, I have to split, it's time for me to go to class... Motivation motivation... I hate mondays...

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Ahahje pensais que tu allais dire qu'il est superhypernul en anglais... Il paraît qu'il l'est.

Claire a dit…

Je savais pas!! si j'avais su je n'aurais pas hésité à le dire également... :)

Anonyme a dit…

Le problème c'est que je n'ai pas de source fiable (Pardon Papa!). Il faudrait aller chercher sur Youtube, mais à mon avis ça doit être difficile à retrouver...

Claire a dit…

Ah oui, là du coup... Je te crois sur parole et je répandrait oralement des rumeurs non fondées, avec le plus grand plaisir... :) mais pas sur mon blog, on ne sait jamais!

Anonyme a dit…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vq_1xt6vuY


Je n'ajouterai rien.