What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

mercredi 4 avril 2007

De smell off Patrick Bridge is wicked. How does Father Mathew stick it?


Hi Reader!! How are you today?

I just wanted to write a little tiny post here, to state that I began reading "Jaywalking with the Irish" today. Of course, I haven't gotten very far yet. I must say that what I read so far has been less terrible than I imagined, although I do agree that it is sometimes a little bit difficult to stay focused, because of the number of words I don't understand. I don't know how you read things like that, but personally, I try not to use my dictionary, and have a "if I don't understand it, it can't be that important" philosphy. In the case of most books, it's OK, but in this one, I must admit that I sometimes have te read whole chunks over and over again until I finally manage to make sense of them.

I look forward to being able to show off my newly-learnt vocabulary list, because really, I'd love to casually put "idle away", or "throng" in a conversation.

Anyway, the main purpose of this entry is just to make sure that I read it at a reasonable pace, because I won't have an excuse for taking my time. I can't lie about Amazon's delays anymore!! I am doomed!!

Honestly though, I kind of like the characters, so far, especially the kids (though as I said before, I'm not too much into little people in books, somehow...), so I have good hopes of actually liking the books (i.e. the parts that I manage to understand).

Well, reader, I'm in Strasbourg now, catching up with my French friends which I haven't seen in quite a while, so I guess I'll stop there and go have some fun in Alsace's second prettiest city!!

Have fun while I'm away!!

Aucun commentaire: