What is this blog all about?

The main purpose of this blog is to give an overview of the things I do, in my everyday life, in order to improve my English. Since I am a very lazy person, I mostly read, and watch movies, and do things which make it possible for me to improve my vocabulary, my grammar and my accent without getting bored... So this blog is going to be about the books I read, the movies I watch, and some other things which I find relevant (or not)...

I hope you'll like it! Don't hesitate to leave comments if you have any suggestions concerning what I should write about!!

vendredi 20 avril 2007

The food song...

I'm hungry!!! I'm hungry!! Do something, reader!! I'm very very hungry!! And I just ate!! What's wrong with me???
Anyway, who cares about my stomach? I don't suppose you do, so I'll get to the point of this entry, which is to answer Betty's question: Have I noticed any difference in attitude to politeness and table manners between Austrians and French?
Well... I guess I don't really know about table manners, because I mostly eat alone in my bedroom (I'm a poor lonesome blogger)... But generally speaking, I must say it looks like it's pretty much the same thing, at least from what I've seen at the restaurant, or on the rare occasions when I ate with my roommates.
As for politeness, It's very close too. Generally speaking, I only had quite positive experiences, if one forgets the University Choir... I sat next to a girl, who subsequently got up, and went to sit at the other end of the room. But I guess she was a bit strange, and cannot be considered as a good example of the Austrian civility. You would tell me if I smelt, reader, wouldn't you?
My problem with cashiers at Billa I already told you about, and I now got the knack of it, I just shove everything back into my cart, and pack elsewhere. And I stopped pretending I was a well behaved person. Veeeeeery satisfying....
I remember these two example because they are exceptions, and mostly, people are really polite and friendly to me. I think it's exactly the same as in France. Except in France, we kiss, and here we shake hands. That took some getting used to, but I find it quite nice, actually, not to have to kiss people so often!!
Anyway... Thanks for commenting Betty!! I might have a new interview before tonight, if I'm lucky!! I hope you all enjoy your friday as much as I do!! It's so sunny!! And I'm free!! I guess I'll go out, and get myself something to eat... I'm soooo hungry!!!

Aucun commentaire: